Thyroid Health Explained
The thyroid gland is a powerful butter-fly shaped gland located in the front of the neck that plays a vital role in controlling your weight, maintaining your energy levels, keeping your immune system strong and boosting your
Thyroid problems are especially common in women. Thyroid problems can develop at any age, but they are especially common in women who have recently given birth and women who have recently gone through menopause. The hormonal shifts at this time are a trigger for abnormal thyroid function.
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is the most common cause of an under active thyroid gland.
Common symptoms of an underactive thyroid include:
* feeling cold hair loss,
* dry skin,
* weight gain,
The symptoms of hyperthyroidism include:
* losing weight,
* increased sweating,
* feeling hot palpitations.
Hyperthyroidism should not be taken lightly, because if left untreated it can lead to: arrhythmias or heart failure, osteoporosis, a thyroid crisis, i.e. a life-threatening sudden release of thyroid hormones.
In the supplement supporting thyroid health you can find focus vesiculosus plant, which is a type of seaweed.
Fucus vesiculosus contains varying amounts of iodine. The iodine might help prevent or treat some thyroid disorders.
Fucus vesiculosus also might have antidiabetic effects, and may affect hormone levels.
Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, many people believe that bladderwrack’s (focus vesiculosus) impressive nutrient profile can provide health benefits, though critics argue the claims are ahead of the research.
The problem is, many people with a thyroid condition are already taking one of these medications but they continue to suffer with symptoms of an under active thyroid gland. That is, they are still tired, depressed, suffer with fluid retention and can’t lose weight. What causes these ongoing symptoms? Sometimes the answer is adrenal gland dysfunction. Fixing the adrenal glands is sometimes the key to overcoming thyroid symptoms.
Tips which may help improve thyroid health.
• Try to get adequate sleep. Magnesium is a great tool to promote a deeper and more restful sleep.
• Try to reduce the stress in your life or find more effective ways of dealing with it. Massage, meditation, yoga, dancing classes, facials, counseling, reading or going for a bike ride can all be healthy ways to unwind.
• Many people with a thyroid condition are low in the nutrients required for the production of thyroid hormones. Being low in these nutrients can result in fatigue, low mood and impaired concentration. These nutrients are found in Thyroid Health capsules.
• Make sure you eat enough protein and healthy fats. These two nutrients will help to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day, thereby reducing energy slumps caused by a blood sugar crash.
• Most of the vitamin C in your body is stored in your adrenal glands. Most people do not consume enough fresh vegetables and fruit to get sufficient vitamin C in their diet. Your adrenal glands will struggle to function unless you consume enough vitamin C. If you have adrenal exhaustion you will need at least 1000mg of vitamin C daily.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
The benefits of Thyroid Health:
> Contains selenium: The thyroid gland holds more selenium than any other organ in the body. Selenium is used to produce selenoproteins - antioxidant enzymes that are needed for adequate thyroid function. It is required for the production of thyroid hormones and the conversion of the inactive thyroid hormone (T4) into its active form (T3) to be utilised in the body.
> Contains iodine: This important mineral is required for the production of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. A deficiency of iodine may inhibit the production of these thyroid hormones and could affect thyroid function. Fucus vesiculosus, a type of kelp, has been used in our Thyroid Health capsules to provide a natural source of iodine.
> Contains vitamin D3: Helps to maintain healthy thyroid function.
> Contains zinc: This mineral also plays an important role in supporting healthy thyroid function.
Support your body's natural metabolism and fat burning capabilities with only 1 capsule a day.
20-minut interview with Dr Sandra Cabot
Thyroid problems solved.